Monday, April 30, 2007

The Final Grade




USC football star wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett was selected as a second round draft pick coming in at number 45. He will play for the Carolina Panthers along with former USC star Keyshawn Johnson.


When I first heard that Jarrett was second round pick, I was shocked. He was expected to go first round and when I saw him on campus,prior to pro day, we chatted for a little bit. He was so excited about Pro Day. He said, where have you been?" and I said, "studying, where have you been?". He then told me that he had been working out like crazy because he had to prepare for pro day. So, I was under the impression that he was prepared to excel in the necessary scores needed to look good to the scouts, but apparently his performance on the field that day resulted in his second round pick.


No comments: